Fire crews have confirmed all residents and a family dog were rescued from a property in a west Suffolk village after a blaze.

Emergency services were called to Eriswell Road in Lakenheath, in west Suffolk, at about 12pm on Monday after  receiving reports of a fire coming from a house. 

READ MORE: Field fire suspected as arson after spate of incidents

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it was able to evacuate all the residents from the house, including a dog.

An image was later released by the fire service showing serious smoke damage to the kitchen, charred walls and broken kitchen appliances.

READ MORE: Firefighters called as flames seen coming from tree

An image has now been released of the damage to the house (Image: Brandon Fire Station)
Firefighters had used breathing apparatus and hose reels to extinguish the blaze in the kitchen, along with a positive pressure fan that helps to keep ventilation.

Crews from Brandon, Mildenhall and Newmarket fire stations had attended the scene and the blaze was put out about 12.30pm.