A tumble dryer caused a fire in a Suffolk town this afternoon.

Emergency Services were called to the scene at just after 1:17pm after a tumble dryer caught fire in a house.

The fire occurred at a two-story house on Fiske Close in Bury St Edmunds and it took over an hour for firefighters to put out the fire. 

READ MORE: Garage fire breaks out in town

In recent years, Suffolk Fire and Rescue have previously warned of the risk of tumble dryers setting alight if the machines filter is not regularly cleaned. 

The fire was eventually put out at around 2:44pm and there was smoke damage.

The two crews sent to the fire were from Bury St Edmunds fire station.